Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - New to Me Authors from 2017

Welcome to the New Year! Happy 2018! Here I am back again and trying to get back in the habit of posting on here. Today I have a Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish. I read a lot of new authors in 2017 and so many of them were amazing. I can't wait to see who I'll discover in 2018 but I hope I can read more from these favorites as well.

1) Patricia Briggs - This year I started several series in the paranormal romance genre. Of all the ones I started this year, Briggs easily took the top spots with her two werewolf focused series. I loved the Mercy Thompson Series and I am also excited to read the next installment in the Alpha & Omega Series.

2) Ron Chernow - This year I finally sat down and finished the biography the musical Hamilton was based on. It was fantastic. I can't wait to read more of the biographies Chernow has written this year as I'm hoping to reading more biographies generally this year.

3) Kelly Barnhill- One of my favorite books of 2017 was The Girl Who Drank the Moon and, though I don't reach for middle grade books very often, I would really like to read more of her books.

4) Mackenzie Lee - Lee's debut novel This Monstrous Thing has been in my cart so many times and I finally read something from her this year. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue made me want to read her other works even more plus I can't wait to read her book based on her twitter feature Bygone Badass Broads.

5) Erika Johansen - Last year I read the first two volumes of the Queen of the Tearling Serie and I loved them. Johansen's approach to fantasy is really interesting and I like all the twists and turns she took me on last year.

6) Yaa Gyasi - Homegoing was incredible. I can't wait to read more from Gyasi, but so far there isn't anything new from her on Goodreads. Here's hoping there may be soon!

7) KJ Charles - I read so many KJ Charles novels, novellas and series last year. I can't wait to devour the rest of her collection in 2018.

8) CS Pacat - Another awesome find this year. Pacat's Captive Prince trilogy took me completely off guard and I hope I can explore more from her soon.

9) Emily Skrutskie - I can't wait to finish off this duology and hopefully I'll get my hands on the second book soon.

10) Carrie Fisher - I've heard amazing things about Fisher's autobiographies over the years. I finally tried one this year and I'm hoping to read more next year. Reading her works have made me sad, knowing she has passed away, but the audiobooks are quite good.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone has been raving about Gentleman's Guide, I really need to pick it up soon!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/02/top-ten-tuesday-140/

    ReplyDelete