Tuesday, June 26, 2018

TTT - 7 Series I’ve Given Up On/Don’t Plan to Finish

There are so many series out in the world. I've started a lot and I haven't even scratched the surface. Finishing them is another whole problem in itself. There are so many that I've started and decided I didn't love enough to keep going. There are a few on this list that I'm still on the fence about, but overall I've decided to give up on these series.

1) Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - This one was something I picked during my Twilight faze and the romance is too problematic for me to continue.

2) Kay Scarpetta Series by Patricia Cornwell - After years of suffering through these novels, I finally gave up. My best friend in my neighborhood loved these books so I thought I should too. Once we stopped hanging out I figured out I loved fantasy and paranormal mysteries more than real ones. (Though I still get my fix for normal mysteries, I just go to a different author for that)

3) The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa - Another series a friend pushed on me! One of my coworkers pushed this series on me, but she quit! I never felt like buying or borrowing these books once I didn't have her lending them to me.

4) Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - The second book did not live up to the first and even though these are pretty I'm not interested in reading the rest of the series.

5) The Hangman's Daughter Series by  Oliver Pötzsch - I have these on ebook if I ever decide to go back to it, but I've given away my physical copies. The first book was interesting, but I read it over five years ago and I cannot remember anything.


Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) Postmortem (Kay Scarpetta, #1) The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)

The next two series are ones I'm not 100% decided on. I have conflicting feelings about both of them. If you have any advice on if I should keep or DNF these series, let me know! 

1) The Madman's Daughter Trilogy by Meghan Shepherd - Book one disappointed me a lot, but I already have books two and three. I'm on the fence if I want to give them a try.

2) Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness- While I've heard a lot of amazing things about this series, I wasn't impressed with book one. (I gave it a three stars) These books have been on my shelves for years already and I'm fairly sure I won't continue with the series.


The Madman’s Daughter (The Madman’s Daughter, #1) The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't get past the first like ten pages of The Knife of Never Letting Go, but I feel like I didn't give it a fair chance? I don't know.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/26/top-ten-tuesday-165/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the whole first book, but in the end it just didn't blow me away. I think my expectations were too high.

      Delete
  2. Both Hush Hush and The Iron Fey series are on my list too :)

    https://latteandabook.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete