Sunday, October 21, 2018

Spooky Audiobook Recommendations



Fall and Winter are my favorite times to listen to audiobooks. While I often get distracted outside during the summer and don't want to spend my time inside, I am trapped during the Winter months. During the fall I like to listen to a few creepy books just to get me in the right mood for fall and cool weather. Does anyone else hunt for books with just the right mood for this time of year?

If so, I have you covered with these spooky and atmospheric audiobooks!


1) Sleepy Hallow by Washington Irving and read by Tom Mison- What better way to prepare for Halloween than to listen to the tale of the Headless Horseman? This audiobook is only about an hour long and the atmosphere is fantastic. If you have a rainy day, this could be the perfect listen to get you in the spirit!





2) Crimson Peak by Nancy Holder and read by Imogen Church -I am easily frightened. I do not like horror, but I don't mind spooky. Obviously, if you've seen me host this event. I never add truly gruesome books and media to my recommendations. Crimson Peak is as close as it gets. This creepy gothic story had me leaving the lights on while I listened to it, but it was a lot of fun. I'm even interested in watching the movie!

3) The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and read by Will Paton -
If you've been around this blog for any length of time, you will know I adore this series and reading them at this time of year is perfect. Even though the first book takes place in April, there is something about these books that makes me think Halloween and Autumn.

4) The Accident Season by by Moïra Fowley-Doyle and read by Colby Minifie- Have you ever been to Ireland my friend? If so, this book brings back the scenery and the atmosphere. If not, this book has magical realism set against the descriptive beautiful backdrop of Ireland. I believe this even takes place in October so it is perfect for this time of year. 


What audiobooks do you love to listen to?Do you have anything to add to my list? I'd love to hear about your favorite fallish/spooky audiobooks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment