Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Top Seven Spooky Books I Forget to Recommend (but are amazing)

As always at this time of year, I'm recommending spooky books and spooky media, but I know there are books I overlook because I'm recommending the ones that come to me immediately. Today for Top Ten Tuesday I wanted to talk about a few I forget to mention most of the time either because I talk about the same author or I read it a while back.

The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter by Theodora Goss - Though I posted a review for this book over the weekend, I've forgotten to recommend it to many people over the course of October. It is creepy and has just the right vibe for the fall season

Mercy Thompson: Hopcross Jilly by by Patricia Briggs,  Rik Hoskin (Artist), Tom Garcia (Artist) - The art style in this graphic novel isn't my favorite. The story, however, is scary! It freaked me out. You could read this without the context of the Mercy Thompson series but it would help. 

Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks - I often forget about this cute little story. It isn't exactly creepy, but it has a few elements of the supernatural involved. Super cute art too.

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - I talk about The Raven Cycle all the time, but I forget to mention this lovely little creepy story too. Not creepy, it just has unsettling elements. I love this book and am hoping to start a reread on Thursday on the first!


The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson: Hopcross Jilly Friends With Boys The Scorpio Races 

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout - This book gets dismissed a lot because it is a paranormal romance story, but it holds a special place in my heart. I love Katy and Deamon. Their banter is hilarious and the two of them make a great team. 

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - Everyone knows the Three Dark Crowns series by now, but this was my first venture into Blake's stories. Just like a few others on this list it is creepy and unsettling and contains the perfect blend of paranormal elements. 

The Magpie Lord by KJ Charles - This adult M/M romance is extra creepy. The magic system is sinister and the bad guys are willing to do some gruesome stuff. I often forget how creepy this is because I think of it as romance.



Obsidian (Lux, #1) Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) The Magpie Lord (A Charm of Magpies, #1)

2 comments:

  1. The Scorpio Races and Anna Dressed In Blood are on my TBR list, so I’m glad you liked them.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for all the comments! Sorry I've been so busy and haven't looked at them for a while! :D

      Delete