Friday, March 30, 2018

Comic Mash Up Review - Superman & Lumberjanes

In the past year or so I've made an effort to read more comics. I've always been worried about starting in the wrong place with comics. Recently though I've talked to a friend who is a avid comic reader. They suggested to just pick a spot and go. So that's what I've done and they also suggested to try the DC Rebirth Series. So I've done that too. Because my reviews are often short for these, I've combined a few. Look out for more comic mashups soon! 

Superman, Volume 3: Multiplicity

Lumberjanes, Vol. 6: Sink or Swim


Superman Vol. 3 - Multiplicity (DC Rebirth)
by Peter J. Tomasi (Writer), Patrick Gleason (Writer, Artist)
Trade Paperback: 144 pgs
Published: August 2017
DC Comics 

Rating: 3/5

An enjoyable installment in this series. Personally, I liked the issues within this volume about Superman's inner struggle and the ones about his son's adventures. There were issues within the volume about the Multiverse that I didn't find as interesting and no matter how many times I come across the Multiverse I find it confusing. It also interrupted the overall arc of this series in my opinion. I'd rather focus on Clark and his son's struggles and how they parallel one another. 


Lumberjanes Vol. 6
by Shannon Watters, Noelle Stevenson (Creator), Kat Leyh, Grace Ellis (Creator), Carey Pietsch (Illustrations), Maarta Laiho (Colorist), Brooke A. Allen
Ebook Trade - 112pgs
Published: April 2017
BOOM! Box
Add it / Buy it

Rating: 3.5/5 


After a disappointing volume five I hoped this would blow me out of the water. Unfortunately, though we are once again focused on the mysterious lake, the girls are mediating someone else's problem once again. The sheer number of misunderstandings between the last volume and this one started to wear on me. Everything was a little bit better, but I still want more from this series

No comments:

Post a Comment