Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday - Character Traits I Love


Once again I am back for Top Ten Tuesday! This week we are discussing the traits we love most in our book characters! This was much more difficult than I expected, but I enjoyed thinking about all my favorite characters and picking apart which traits I love most about them. 

As always please visit That Artsy Reader Girl for topics and to check out other Top Ten Tuesday Posts. 


1) Patience and Caution - This may sound silly, but the longer I read, the longer I am convinced more characters need to be cautious! So many characters dash off into danger without a second thought. So I appreciate the character who has a solid plan. 

2) Loyalty - When characters are disloyal it drives me mad. I want a strong friendship group or a strong trio or a strong romantic relationship. Any kind of disloyalty is frustrating to me. 

3) Playful but not Rude - Banter is the starting point for so many relationships I love in my books. However, I love it when it is playful without going into cruel or rude remarks. 

4) Shy - I'm usually a shy person and I like to see genuinely shy people on page. Unlike so many characters who are described as shy and have a very different disposition once they are half way through the story. *eye roll here* 

5) Responsible - It might just be my personality creeping onto the page because along with Patience and Caution I want characters to be responsible. Please be sure to check we have all the ingredients for a spell before we start please and thank you. 

6) Loving - 🥰I honestly love it when characters show their affection for each other rather than the author telling us about how much they care. 

7) Not Afraid to Ask for Help - This is one I roll my eyes at all the time. Characters who think they need to do everything alone are frustrating. 

8) Clever - This goes for authors too. I love it when a reveal or plot twist is clever especially if there are clues. I want clever reveals balanced with things I could figure out. Is that too much to ask? 

9) Understanding - This could also be labeled compassion. True heartlessness isn't very interesting to me. Warm hearts under tough exteriors is actually the best. 

10) Communicative - USE YOUR WORDS.



My Last Top Ten Tuesday ⇒⇒ Most Anticipated Releases for Fall 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment