Monday, February 11, 2019

Review - Darius by Grace Burrows


Darius: Lord of Pleasures (Lonely Lords, #1)
Series: Lonely Lords #1
Genre: Regency Romance
Age Group: Adult
Ebook - 378pgs
Source: Library Borrow
Published- April 2013

Rating: 4/5

With his beloved sister tainted by scandal, his widowed brother shattered by grief , and his funds cut off, Darius Lindsey sees no option but to sell himself—body and soul. Until the day he encounters lovely, beguiling Lady Vivian Longstreet, whose tenderness and understanding wrap his soul in a grace he knows he'll never deserve...


This story intrigued me because I saw someone promote it on twitter when it was a daily deal. I didn't purchase it that day but I was looking for a romance and started googling, carefully googling, the premise of this book to try to find it.

Even though this premise sounds warped, I'm glad I gave it a chance. Darius and Vivan have an interesting relationship and both their characters were more complex than I was expecting. This didn't turn out to be the shallow lust fueled story I thought I might find. Instead, it is layered with mystery and missed opportunities. Even though Darius's situation is a little murky and unexplained, I found both characters intriguing. The writing is a little unpolished and does a lot more telling than showing, but overall I liked this first installment and decided to continue on with the series.

My Last Review ---> If He's Wicked by Hannah Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment