Monday, February 25, 2019

Weekend/Media Recap

This past week I’ve consumed a lot of things which is unusual for me. I’m normally a one media at a time type girl. I also tend to get overwhelmed by my choices on Netflix or my bookshelf or on Spotify. So I end up revisiting an old favorite. This week it was all new stuff! I really enjoyed these new things so I thought I would share them with you too!

Book Pick: A Curse So Dark and Lonely
This week I bought and read this book. It captured my attention a way that books haven't for a while and I really enjoyed it. It is fantasy with a heroine who really learns and adapts with her surrounding. She doesn't take crap from the hero either. Though I think Kemmerer falls into the "I'm not like other girls trope" at times, I really

A Curse So Dark and Lonely (A Curse So Dark and Lonely, #1)

Music: Six: The Musical

Someone I follow on twitter, Rachel Strolle, recommended this to her followers and I immediately had to check it out. This is a musical about the Six ex-wives of Henry VIII. I have been fascinated by these women for most of my life and how Henry's decisions changed English history. The music is fantastic and the cast was quite diverse. I love this album.


Movie/TV Pick: The Dragon Prince

On a snow day in the middle of the week I turned on this animated adventure story hoping for a light and fluffy story. This wasn't exactly that. The tone reminded me a lot of Avatar the Last Airbender and, even though it wasn't what I expected, I really enjoyed it. The characters are all coming from different places, but I enjoyed the themes of wanting something different for the future. Overall, this was grand and I want to watch more. Luckily there is a season two!

Image result for the dragon prince

No comments:

Post a Comment