Monday, October 14, 2019

Review - The Omega Objection by Gail Carriger


The Omega Objection (San Andreas Shifters, #2)
Series:
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Age Group: Adult
Paperback -
Source: Purchased
Published:

Rating: 4/5

A werewolf walks into a bar.


Tank is working as a bouncer when he notices something odd about the new sexy-as-sin bartender. He’s odorless, he’s amazingly popular with shifters, and he’s terrified.

A man without a smell.

Isaac is trying to escape his past. He hides in San Francisco because everyone knows that there are no werewolves in the Bay Area.

Until one walks into his bar.

Can Tank figure out Isaac’s secrets in time to save him? And can Isaac forgive Tank for being a wolf in time to learn how to love?


If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times. Gail Carriger writes great little stories with a little bit of plot and a whole lot of heart. This adult gay romance is in her same style just written for adults rather than young adult readers. This second book worked better than the first. First of all, there was less info-dumping in regard to the world building. I really enjoyed how this was more balanced between worlding building and plot.

The pacing could still use some work. These stories read really fast, but they get confusing at the end when everything fit together. The solutions make sense, but they come together in one scene so it can be overwhelming.

I really liked Tank and Isaac. I liked how Carriger twisted the Omega lore to her purposes and I had fun following the attraction between Isaac and Tank. The two of them had great chemistry. The entire pack is full of personality. I appreciate how diverse the cast is in this series and Carrgier defines sexuality on page so there is clear representation.

I'm excited to read more in this world. The next book is about a pair I'm extremely curious about and I can't wait to see where Carriger goes next.


No comments:

Post a Comment