Sunday, October 20, 2019

Five TV or Movie Recommendations for Fall

In the fall I start to watch more shows and movies because I feel less guilty about spending my time inside. These are five recommendations that give me a fall vibe without being scary or gory!

1) Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - This show has been a source of pure joy for me this fall. A lady detective hunts down murders all while collecting a found family full of amusing characters.  I love the lovely balance of this show and how they tackled serious topics. This has some of the best slow burn romance I've ever watched. It is right up there with North and South. I loved this show!

mad men television GIF


2) Stranger Things -I honestly thought nearly everyone had seen Stranger Things, but I learned neither of my co-workers have watched it. So, I'm here to tell you that you should watch Stranger Things. This show is a nice blend of suspense and friendship. It is spooky and a little bit violent and has some gore. If you can handle that you are all set!



3) Cold Cast Files - If you like true crime, this is one you should check out. I find true crime fascinating and find the way detectives and police have solved some of these cold cases. Throughout the show the producers are respectful to the families and no one is blamed for the case going cold. Instead everyone tells how this crime went cold and how the pieces came together.

4) Falling Inn Love - On a lighter note I recommend this Netflix movie about a down-on-her-luck American who wins an inn through an online contest. She just happens to need the help of a New Zealand handy man who is also hot. This is cheesy and there are moments that don't make a lot of sense. However, that's what I love about romantic comedies. It is also amusing and has a little bit of historical mystery to it that I enjoyed.

5) Holey Moley - A miniature golf competition style game show that makes me laugh. Watch as competitors try to master an absurd mini golf course to win money and an ugly golf jacket. I have been watching these when I feel anxious in the evening and the announcers really give me a kick.

At the end of the day there are a lot of shows out there are these are just a few of my recent favorites that I think would be perfect for fall. What are you watching this season?



No comments:

Post a Comment