Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Top Ten Things I Do to Get in the Halloween Spirit #AllHallowsWeek

Halloween is one of my favorites times of year and the lead up is almost as exciting as the lead up to Christmas. These are ten things I do to really get myself into the Halloween and fall spirit.

1) Listen to the Legend of Sleepy Hollow - A few years ago I downloaded a reading of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow which is completely appropriate for this time of year. Tom Mison reads the story and the reading is so atmospheric. I love it!

2) Watch Hocus Pocus and Practical Magic -These two movies are two of my favorites of all time as well as my favorite Halloween movies. They are fun and have so much fall and Halloween spirit!

3) Drink Cider and Pumpkin Beer - Not at the same time! I've loved cider for years, but this year I've finally found the pumpkin beer craze. PSL isn't for me but this spin on pumpkin is delicious.

4) Take a scenic drive - I live in Pennsylvania and this time of year is perfect for taking the long way home to enjoy the sunny afternoons filled with fall color!

5) Bring out the sweaters and high boots - Who doesn't have a favorite pair of brown boots that scream fall when you pull them out of the back of your closet? I've already worn my favorite sweater from last year once.

 Image result for pumpkin

6) Go to Target and stock up on candy - For me! Who cares about Trick-or-Treaters when I have three bags of assorted candies at my house? If only they put Nutrageous bars in the mixed bags...

7) Pop Sleepy Hollow into the DVD player - I have permanently abandoned this show (side eyes so hard at you directors of season three), but season one is full of ghosts and ghouls which I will be very happy to see again. This really applies to any of my favorite shows. I could watch X-Files, Buffy or Supernatural too.

8) Shop for a costume - Sadly this year I am traveling for a conference and will not be able to go to any parties OR hand out candy. Usually I wait until the very last moment, try to scrounge up a costume the day of the party, then end up at the store shopping for something simple and warm. I think my brain does this to me on purpose since most costumes go on sale in the days leading up to Halloween. I usually find a steal!

9) Read half a dozen spooky supernatural books - This should be higher on the list right? Of course I'll read a few scary books just to spook myself into the mood. This year I have some great ones that will be featured over the next few days! Watch out for those.

10) Bake my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies -I haven't done this yet and I'm dying about it!

Happy Reading! and Happy Halloween!

10 comments:

  1. What a great list! I love drinking cider in October, both hot and cold, and rereading "The Hound of the Baskervilles" (or watching a movie version if I don't have time to read it). Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me they are awesome. Some Sherlock Holmes sounds just right for Halloween!

      Delete
  2. For me, binge-watching The X-files is a perfect way to get into the spooky season spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? There are so many episodes that are spooky and scary.

      Delete
  3. I didn't realise Tom Mison had narrated Sleepy Hollow! I definitely need to get a copy of that.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good. If you get the chance to listen to it, I highly recommend!

      Delete
  4. Fall is my baking season also! There's just something about it...Oh yeah, PUMPKINS! ;) Great Top Ten :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your warm clothes and scenic drives! I live in South Texas near the Gulf and while the beach is fun for a couple of months out of the year, I would love a scenic fall drive right about now!

    My TTT: http://girlaboutlibrary.blogspot.com/2016/10/five-haunting-books-you-should-read-top.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year I'm very aware of living in an area where I can experience all four season. I love and cherish it! However, I'm jealous of your warmer weather in January!

      Delete