Friday, October 14, 2016

Review - Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews


Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)

Series: Kate Daniels #4
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Age Group - Adult
Source - Purchased
Published: May 2010
Paperback - 349 pgs
Add it // Buy it 

Rating - 5/5 

Kate Daniels works for the Order of Knights of Merciful Aid, officially, as a liaison with the mercenary guild. Unofficially, she cleans up the paranormal problems no one else wants to handle—especially if they involve Atlanta’s shapeshifting community.

When she’s called in to investigate a fight at the Steel Horse, a bar on the border between the territories of the shapeshifters and the necromancers, Kate quickly discovers there’s a new player in town. One who’s been around for thousands of years—and rode to war at the side of Kate’s father.

This foe may be too much even for Kate and Curran, the Beast Lord, to handle. Because this time Kate will be taking on family… 


Quick Thoughts: If you aren't aware, I love this series to bits. I've read the first four in September and plan on continuing with books five right about....now. The series is action packed and stars a lady I would never want to cross even on my best day.

Full Review:

I have enjoyed the first three installments in this series. I have enjoyed them so much I've been able to swat away any complaints I had about them. This is the first novel I don't have complaints to swat away. This fourth book is my favorite so far and we finally unravel a lot of the mystery surrounding both Kate and Curren's pasts. There are many more battles to come and more darkness to uncover in Atlanta. However, Kate as a character, finally feels completely fleshed out and fully developed.

As is the trend so far, one I am not complaining about, this book is an emotional roller coaster. I was right there with Kate when she was angry, upset, sad and happy. The authors just pull these emotions out of me and I can't help but feel the same things Kate does as she confronts the supernatural head on. This book is full of explosions both on the battlefield and in the political arena. There will be a lot of repercussions moving forward. 

So many amazing things happen in this installment. All i have to say is finally! Finally! So many pieces fall into place in this book and I could not be more pleased. I am a little afraid to start the next book since things are going so well right now, I know they are going to fall apart in half a minute. That can't stop me though. I am on a serious roll with this series!

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment