Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorites Couples/Ships

It is Valentine's Day so, of course, the Broke and the Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday topic is romance related. I'm naming off my favorite literary, film and television couples and ships in honor of the holiday.

 
1) Booth and Brennan (Bones) - These two were one of my longest running ships and one of my favorite overall couples on screen. Especially now that the show is in its final season, I have realized how much I love these two together.

Image result for booth and brennan

2) Alanna and George (Totall Universe by Tamora Pierce) - Another long standing ship/couple that I love. I originally read Pierce's books when I was in middle school. I've loved these two and their relationship for so long now. They were friends to lovers and I adore them together. If you have good fan art of them, let me know!!


3) Anne Elliot and Captain Fredrick Wentworth (Persuasion by Jane Austen) - Everyone has a favorite Austen couple. Mine happens to be the long separated and long suffering couple. I also love Elliot and Kai from For Darkness Shows the Stars which is a retelling of Persuasion. Love these two!

4) Jack and Lucy (While You Were Sleeping) - Do I even need to explain this one? Sandra Bullock and a young Bill Pullman???? This movie is the best and I love this couple SO MUCH. Their love story gets me every time. He took her to FLORANCE!!! It is 90's gold.

Image result for while you were sleeping

5) Ronan Lynch and Adam Parrish (The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater) - These two!! Can I explode in feels because that is how much I love these two. I have shipped and will ship them forever. They might be my OTP? They are pretty high up on the list.

6) Alexia Tarabotti and Conall Maccon (The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger) - Thought recently added to the list, they are not lesser favorites. These two have such amusing spats but still love one another at the end of the day. I love how they overcome challenges and work together (sort of) to solve problems.

7) Sabriel and Touchstone (The Old Kingdom Series by Garth Nix)- There have been several instances where I thought these two were going to die. It ripped my heart out each and every time. I love them together so much and they have been through so much. UGH! I love them.

8) Scully and Mulder - Who DOESN'T ship these two besides the writers? (Though I haven't finished the series yet, so I don't know the answer to the do they, don't they?)

Image result for scully and mulder

9) Alec and Magnus (The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare & The Shadownhunters Series) - Obviously these two make it into my top ships. They have their problems, but I love them and they make my heart hurt a lot which is apparently how to make me love a ship.

Image result for magnus and alec

10) Jane and Gifford (My Lady Jane by  Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows - I had a lot of fun reading this book and the romance ended up being very sweet. I really enjoyed these two and I wish I could spend even more time with them!

*I excluded Harry Potter from this list just because I mention them a lot when couples come up because I ship everyone in that series so much. James and Lily. Harry and Ginny. Hermione and Ron. Remus and Tonks. This list goes on and on so I couldn't name one and not the rest. *


My Last Top Ten Tuesday -->
Top Ten Books I Want To Read in 2017

9 comments:

  1. I love your list! I've only read the first Raven Cycle book. I really need to read the rest and get to the Adam and Ronan part. :)
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Lucy and Jack <3 I love them!! Also, Scully and Mulder, yes!!! Someone else made a list kind of like this day and included Willow and Tara from Buffy the Vampire Slayer too. I loved them! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes too Willow and Tara! I love all these 90's/early 00's ships.

      Delete
  3. Jack and Lucy... such a good one! They just belonged togetehr so much. And now I'm itching to rewatch the movie. And Alec and Magnus - YES! I don't know how they're portrayed in the TV series (have never seen it) but I loved them from the book series. So much love for Malec!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Bones and Booth. Yes, I love them. I'm totally a lover of most everything HP too. :)

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronan and Adam, Alec and Magnus, Jane and G! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ronan and Adam!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/top-ten-tuesday-96/

    ReplyDelete