Monday, February 4, 2019

Weekend Recap - February 1st-3rd

This was the first weekend in three weeks where I didn't need to work at all and my busy season is officially over. Therefore, I spent most of this weekend relaxing and reading. There was much tea and many blankets involved.

On Friday night was really excited to start my reread of Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers. I started this reread on audiobook because I listened to the first two on audio. However, by the time Sunday rolled around I was too anxious to read Annith's story I was reading the physical book. I'm about two thirds of the way through and will be ready for Courting Darkness release day!

Faebruary started on Friday and, while I wanted to read some of the books I selected for that readathon, I also wanted to finish some of the books I was already reading. So I read Mortal Heart and decided to DNF The Yard by Alex Grecian. I tried to read this book on audiobook and physically. Nothing was working for me and I'm really disappointed. All my buzzwords were involved, but this book just didn't work for me.


On Saturday night I had trouble falling asleep so I borrowed one of Grace Burrow's Lonely Lord books from the library. I started this series last year and was a little disgruntled with it, but I was intrigued enough to try it to solve my insomnia. In the series we follow a group of interconnected lords finding love in various places. Once I finally did sleep, I finished this off with my coffee in the morning. I also borrowed the next book Gabriel. I am actually really excited for this Lonely Lord story. The characters we are following were in a previous book and I was curious about their relationship. 

The rest of my Sunday was cleaning and video games. I didn't actually read much more. I think my brain needed a little break after spending so much time reading on Saturday. How was your weekend? Did you read anything fun or exciting? My copy of King of Scars arrived this week and has been tempting me even though I have many other things started. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment