Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Top Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More


This week is a very interesting topic on Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. I have so many books on my shelves I need to read. This gave me an opportunity to look through my books to see which authors I've read and loved but haven't read any more book by them yet. 


Rick Yancey - I've only read The 5th Wave, but I also own the Monstrumologist Series by him. I really enjoyed The 5th Wave and I'm very excited to read the sequel and his monster series.

Brandon Sanderson  - Everyone raves about the Mistborn series, but I've only read The Rhithmatist. I hope I can pick up some of Sanderson's other books at some point because his writing was awesome!

Patrick Ness - The only book I've read by Patrick Ness is A Monster Calls, but I own the entire Chaos Walking Trilogy which I really want to read as well. I have heard nothing but good things about all of his works as well.

Leigh Bardugo - Personally, I haven't finished the last two books in the Shadow and Bone series. I loved the first book and need to read the rest!

Diana Peterfreund - For Darkness Shows the Stars is one of my favorite adaptations of Persuasion   I've ever read. Her second book is also an adaptation, but I keep putting it off because I haven't read the book its been adapted from, The Scarlet Pimpernel. Eventually I will get there!

Huntley Fitzpatrick - I loved My Life Next Door, but I haven't picked up her next book yet. I am very anxious to get it too since I want the marching spines to look great on my shelf.

C.J. Redwine - Again, this is another series that I started, but haven't pick up the next books. I loved Defiance. I really want to see what happens in that series and have heard lots of good things about the books.

Erin Morgenstern - I don't know if The Night Circus will ever be topped or if Morgenstern ever plans to write another book, but I would love her to. I was enchanted by her first book and would be very interested to see what she could come up with next.

Gabrielle Zevin - Elsewhere was a book I really connected to as a middle schooler. I have the first book in her Birthright series and I really want to get my hands on her standalone book The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. 

Marie Rutkoski - I've recently finished The Winner's Curse. I am dying for the next book in this series because of the ending of that book. Alas The Winner's Crime doesn't come out until March. I will await anxiously.


Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment