Monday, July 2, 2018

June Wrap Up

What a month! June has been a wild and crazy ride from start to finish.


So what did I read? I picked up a few things this month, but I didn't have time to read very much. While there is a lot on my shelves that I want to read, nothing really grabbed me until I had a spontaneous four day weekend. With a little more time to myself, and a bath, I was finally able to really sink my teeth into a few books. If you want to see how that weekend went, check out my reading vlog.


𝅛𝅛𝅛

After that weekend, I was off to the races and finished three books before the end of the month which brought my total to five. Although this isn't my best reading month, I really enjoyed what I read and finally felt like I got back in the swing of things. To check out my thoughts on what I read see my June Wrap Up.



𝅛𝅛𝅛𝅛

I also reviewed one of my favorite books of the year in June on the blog: 


This story involves two men who hunt down ghosts together. One of them is the ghost hunter while the other is his chronicler though these two are also lovers in a magical and historical London. I mentioned it involves ghosts, but it also brings mystery, scandal and sexy times. Sound interesting? Check out more of my thoughts. 

▚▚▚

June has been a lot of fun and I spent a lot of time hanging out with friends as well as getting back into playing video games. I mentioned that reading hasn't been going as well. Instead I've been hanging out with two of my friends at a new restaurant we've found. The place rotates beers after they finish one keg so we like to try new things when they sound interesting. It has been a lot of fun and we've spent a lot of time on their patio as well!

I also finished Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite this month. While I'm excited that I've finally finished the trilogy, I don't think I was as blown away by Infinite as some other people were. Personally, I enjoyed the first two more, but I like Atlantis stories a lot. 

Something else I've been doing other than reading is watching NCIS. I watched reruns of this show a lot a few years ago when they were on the USA channel, but I never was caught up on the show. I started it from the beginning on Netflix about a week ago and I watched the entire first season already. I'm really excited to continue on with it. It is the perfect balance of familiar and new since I've watched quite a few of them before, but I forget the details. 

Anyway that was my June. How did things go for you this month? Did you finish all the books you wanted to or did you get sidetracked by other things like me? 




1 comment:

  1. I’m glad you enjoyed your books, even if you didn’t read a ton of them. I miss playing video games. That’s all I used to do as a teenager. Have a good July!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete