Monday, November 5, 2018

Favorite Audiobook Narrators

If you listen to audiobooks, you know the narrator is just as big a factor as the story in determining if you are going to like, love, or hate a book. Over the past few years I've listened to quite a few audiobooks and found some amazing narrators. Today I wanted to share five of my favorites with you. If you have any audiobook narrators that you love and want to recommend me, I'd love to hear from you. Audiobooks are one thing I cannot seem to get enough of.

1) Katherine Kellgren - The late great Katherine Kellgren was an amazing narrator. Each time I listen to one of her readings, I am drawn into the story so deeply and completely. She had a way of bringing characters to life and giving each one a distinct voice that always amazed me. I remember the first book I listened to with her was the narrator was Queen of the Tearling and I tore through that aubioook faster than I had ever read one before. Her voice captured me. I often look at the body of work she complied and try to borrow one from my library. They are often checked out and I have been  on wait lists for ages. She had a true gift for audiobook narration.

My Lady Jane The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1) 41257056

2) Will Patton - Though I've only listened to Patton read The Raven Cycle, I count his performance as one of the reasons the series is one of my favorites. His voices for each character are fantastic and I really enjoy how creepy he makes some of the characters sound. His sound effects (pow, wham, whoosh) are also very good. 

  13435619 The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2)


3) Moira Quirk - I don't think you can go wrong having Quirk as your narrator. She is talented and always delivers great accents and inflection. I really enjoy her works and I've actually made a list of books I want to read just because she reads the audiobook. I'm very thankful to Gail Carriger for promoting her own books as audiobooks so often and am thankful Quirk was the narrator of those books!

Prudence (The Custard Protocol, #1) The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy 

4) January LaVoy - Though I've only listened to one of her book thus far, I don't think I could make any kind of audiobook recommendations list without recommending The Diviners. LaVoy contributes so many accents and voices to this narration as well as singing several sections. She and her performance are the reason I love The Diviners as much as I do.

 The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)

5)  Renée Raudman-  Renée narrates nearly all of Ilona Andrews books and I really enjoy the sarcasm she flavors each one of the heroines with. Andrews writes them like that, but Raudman really gets the tone right. She has a large collection of works you can check out, but I'm still working my way through her paranormal books.


Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) 


No comments:

Post a Comment