Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Top Five Wednesday - Summer Reads

Happy Wednesday!

This week on Top Five Wednesday we are recommending Summer Reads. The definition is a little flexible so this week I'm recommending five reads to myself for this summer. I've turned the topic into a bit of a TBR for myself this summer. Here's hoping I actually listen rather than ignoring it like I normally do with TBRs. 

1) Flash Bones by Kathy Reichs - This is one of the oldest books on my TBR and I really enjoy the Temperance Brennan novels. I'd like to catch up on this series since I am at last four books behind. They are great fast paced read for the summer and I always buy copies second had so I can take them on the beach with me!

2) Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan - I read the first book in this trilogy last year and really enjoyed it. Though, of course, I haven't picked up the sequel! Hopefully this summer I'll listen be able to get my hands on the audiobook because the narrator is one of my favorites. (She also did the first Queen of the Tearling book and was fantastic)

3) Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta - A few years ago I read the first two books in this trilogy and for the life of me I cannot remember what happened. I keep meaning to reread them or find a good synopsis for them. Hopefully this summer I will finish off this emotional series.

4) Melting Stones by Tamora Pierce- I'd like to catch up on all my backlist of Pierce titles by the end of the year. I think I have three on my shelves, but two of them have been there for a LONG time! I always forget how much I adore her books until I read them.

5) The Glass Sentence by S.E. Grove - Actually, I've already started this one, but my audiobook expires soon and I hope I can make myself finish it in physical form. It is an adventurous story so far and I'm really enjoying it.

If you have any thoughts on which one I should pick up once I finish The Glass Sentence, please let me know! I'd love to have a recommendation as a starting point!


Flash and Bones (Temperance Brennan, #14) 9067850 Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)

Melting Stones (Circle Reforged, #2) The Glass Sentence (The Mapmakers Trilogy, #1)


No comments:

Post a Comment