Friday, March 29, 2019

Review - Ethan by Grace Burrowes




Ethan: Lord of Scandals (Lonely Lords, #3)
Series: Lonely Lords #3
Genre: Historical Romance
Age Group: Adult
Ebook- 296 pgs
Source: Overdrive 
Published- June 2013
Add it // Buy it 


Rating: 3/5

Estranged from his family, widowed, and weary from fighting his troubled past, Ethan Grey now has a chance to replace loneliness with love. His sons' beautiful and stubborn governess might help him battle his ghosts, but it's been a long time since he let himself get close to anyone.
Alice Portman has more in common with Ethan than she can comfortably admit. For now, she's satisfied with helping him rebuild his life and family, but the dangerous past is about to catch up with them both.


After the first two books in this series have been average, I wasn’t expecting fireworks from this one either. There is nothing wrong with Burrowes and her plots. She does a good job with chemistry between her characters and I like how she weaves different parts of the family into her books. However, I think she recycles the same plot devices too often. The stories are a bit too formulaic for me to be able to roll into the next one like I enjoy doing.

I’m invested enough to continue reading this series (even after reading several books after this one), but I hope there are some changes to the pattern so that I am less frustrated at the end of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment