Saturday, August 23, 2014

Marry/Kiss/Kill - Jane Austen Style

If you didn't know, which is totally possible since I rarely talk about it on the blog, I'm a big fan of Jane Austen and adaptation/continuations of her works. I was led into this fascination with Austen through friends who loved the stories in high school. Then after rereading Austen's most popular works several times, I eventually found one book called Mr. Darcy's Diary (which has a special place in my heart even after I realized there are much better renditions out there) on a shelf in a bookstore which introduced me into a genre of books I cannot get enough of. Alas! Without a Goodreads account or blogs to follow, I had trouble finding more! 

Eventually three years ago I stumbled upon Misty's Austen in August feature that she runs every August which introduced me to lots of authors, subgenres, blogs, people who tweet a lot about Austen and of course more books. Now I have a small collection of Austen related books which I am constantly adding to. 

Anyway this is just a short game of Marry/Kiss/Kill I played after watching Misty's original game. It was a lot of fun! Check out the Austen in August event that is still going on for more Jane Austen content and some very lovely people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment