Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Harry Potter Release Party




This past weekend I was on a short vacation and went beach camping. While we were walking the boardwalk in Rehobath, my friend and I ran across a Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Release party. I needed just a little bit of convincing, but once she reminded me this may never happen again, I was totally game. We returned to the bookstore for some fun games and tasty treats. Sadly we couldn't stay until midnight because we needed to hit the road the next morning. It was a lot of fun though.

The bookshop, Browseseabout Books, was an absolute gem about the entire event too. They have Harry painted on the outside of their store and everything inside was like magic.

Obviously the employees were just as excited as the kids and other fans that attended. They were all dressed up in one form or another. One was even handing out S.P.E.W. buttons and newsletters. Facepainting, trivia and book toss were all in high gear when we left. The costume contest was hilarious too. So many kids went all out to come to this event and I'm still curious who won the event since so many costumes were creative and cute.

We missed wand making, which is honestly a absolute tragedy, but it must have happened later on. Plus they had cupcakes and Polyjuice Potion. Although they must have missed some ingredients since no one was changing form while they took sips.

I haven't received my copy yet, but I'm excited to check this out especially since I've seen some mixed reactions online. I can't wait to read it and form my own thoughts. This event was really special and it was amazing that we stumbled onto it. Everyone was having fun and it was nice to see the Harry Potter fandom alive and well. I'll leave with you the two pictures I took with my dying phone (thanks Pokemon Go for draining the battery) which shows off the sign that caught out eye and the delicious cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment