Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging

It has been a few weeks since I've participated in Top Ten Tuesday and this week seems to be themed around TBRs and books you still need to read. I've had all of these books for 5+ years according to Goodreads. Obviously I need to get busy and read them!

1) Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert - I have had this book forever! I really want to read this classes, but I am always intimidated by it. Someday I will actually read this scandalous story.

2) Spider Bones (Temperance Brennan #13) by Kathy Reichs - The Brennan series is one I really want to get caught up on. There are at least five more books for me to read and I really enjoy these. After reading a little bit of Tempe's perspective in the Viral's Novellas, I am anxious to pick this book up.

3) Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer - At one time my friend group was kind of obsessed with this movie and I want to read something by Foer before I die (melodramatic I know).

4) The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas - I put off watching the BBC's newest version of this to read it first and I never did! The shame!

5) The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1) by Rick Riordan - I've had a hard time starting this particular series by Uncle Rick. Anyone else run into this problem? I've had an obsession with Egyptian mythology for my whole life so I really want to try this again.

6) Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars #2) by Diana Peterfreund - Someday I will read this. I don't have an excuse why I haven't.

7) The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - This adult fiction story sounds so cool! I didn't even know what it was about when I picked it up from a used book sale. Now I need to make time for it.

8) Secretariat by William Nack - Again I've had this for a while and was inspired to pick it up after watching the movie. The copy I got was on sale when Borders was closing so obviously I've had it for ages.

9) Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter - Modern adaptations of P&P and I do not really get along. I should probably read this one or donate it.

10) Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga #1) by Jane Lindskold - Ok. This book is the book I've had the longest. It is the first book I have memory of myself ordering offline and my dad bought it for me. I wasn't old enough to have a credit card and I'm pretty sure I was in middle school. I should probably read this book right?

My Last Top Ten Tuesday:

1 comment:

  1. I got about halfway through The Three Musketeers, before getting distracted. The BBC adaption is a lot of fun but very different.

    ReplyDelete