Friday, February 9, 2018

Friday Reads (February 9th, 2018)

This has been a long week. Things at work are slowing down, but I've had trouble concentrating on my reading. A lot of people are sick on campus and I'm trying to get enough rest even though I haven't been feeling 100% lately. Hopefully none of the flu germs make their way into my office. Here's hoping at least!

This week I am working on my RYBSAT reading and, while isn't going well, I am still interested in all the books I have lined up. Right now I'm reading Welcome to the Goddamn Ice Cube by Blair Braverman. It is taking me a long time to read even though I've become super invested in Blair's sled dog team and musher twitter over the past few weeks. Seriously, if you aren't following her you are missing out. I came for the puppy pictures. I stayed for the social commentary, kind community, and adult dog pictures. She and her partner Q are fantastic and are even competing against one another in a race this weekend.
Welcome to the Goddamn Ice Cube: Chasing Fear and Finding Home in the Great White North

It has been an interesting week too because I've brought a different back up book every day this week. I took City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. I've packed The Hate You Give as well as Rebel Mechanics. It has been very mixed and I haven't actually read very much of any of them. I also haven't finished Uprooted or A Natural History of Dragons. Hopefully I'll be able to focus on reading more today. We shall see!

What are you up to this weekend? I have four days off and am planning to film a few videos. I also have plans three of the four days as well as some errands to run. Here's hoping I make some time for reading after all that! Let me know if you have any thoughts on all these things I've started. Also let me know if you remember how to finish a book because apparently I don't!


No comments:

Post a Comment