Thursday, May 17, 2018

Currently: May 2018

This week is a busy busy week in my life. Even so, I wanted to do an update of sorts. Even though I've been doing a lot of posting, I feel disconnected from reading and I haven't finished a book in over a week. I have been doing a lot of other stuff though! As the weather has gotten warmer, I've been outside more and hanging with my friends on a more regular basis. I love the warmer weather and it is so nice to see the sunshine! After weeks of dreary days, there have been a bunch of warm sunny days in a row and I glory in it.

Anyway here's what I am currently up to in my life and on the blog.


Currently Reading: Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas. Real Talk: I'm not really into this book. I was hoping to finish it before now, but things are moving really slowly. I only care about half of the storylines so I'm struggling a little. Maybe this series isn't right for me anymore?

Also I'm working on my Bout of Books TBR because Bout of Books Round 22 is this week. It is my favorite readathon and I'm really excited about the books on my TBR! I'm tackling Strange the Dreamer first and hoping to move onto one of the historical fiction books next. Today is only the second day of the readathon though so I haven't made a lot of progress.

Currently Listening to on audiobook: The Murder of the Century by Paul Collins. This is outside of my comfort zone because it is a True Crime novel. After watching the Restricted Section Liveshow this month, I decided to put more effort into my read harder challenge.

Currently Listening to: Hamilton. I am back on this bandwagon (this amazing never ending bandwagon) after listening to First Burn. I am obsessed with that song and I adore what it adds to the story. 
Also the radio. In the spring when I can roll the windows down, I tend to turn on the radio so I've been listening to the latest county hits. (Don't at me. I'm trash for country music in the summer) 

Currently Eating: A cake donut, but I am craving ice cream. 

Currently Drinking: Iced Tea. I make a lot of iced tea when warm weather hits and I've made so much this week. My body is probably screaming from the influx of sugar and extra caffeine (I try to only drink one cup of coffee a day), but  I just don't care. Summer = tea.

Currently Wearing- White Leather Jacket. I've been obsessed with 80's Mercedes by Maren Morris for months now. When I saw a white leather jacket on the clearance rack recently, I knew I hit the jackpot. I am loving this and need to do some kind of photo shoot with my 00's Honda.

Currently Watching- I've been watching a lot of Marvel movies recently and I really want to take a break from them. Except for Black Panther. I need to see that one more time before it leaves theaters. I think I'm going to start rewatching NCIS. I watched that show for a long long time but I'd like to catch up. What better way than to start from the beginning? So that's the long term plan.

I've also been watching  A LOT of baseball. Baseball is my favorite sport and I miss the games so much over the winter. Watching so much baseball really cuts into my reading time, but I love this game so much.

Currently on my to-buy List - House stuff. Yes, I'm still moving. 

Currently Waiting to be Released - My Plain Jane. I am so excited for this book. My Lady Jane was hilarious and one of my favorite books a few years ago. 

Currently adding to my Goodreads TBR - These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch. The premise sounds like pirates and politics, but I'm worried there will be a love triangle. The cover is excellent though. 

Currently adding to my physical TBR- Circe by Madeline Miller It is gorgeous. I can't wait to read it. 

Currently recommending - *Sigh* I recommend reading even though I'm having a hard time doing it lately.

Currently talking about on the blog - All my booktube videos. I'm sorry it has been so video heavy lately! I have a lot of content to put up.

That is all my currentlys for right now. Life if happening and I hope I can update you again soon. You may have heard I'm moving (more like migrating from my parents' house to my new place) so even though I'm posting a lot I'm not reading much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment