Friday, January 4, 2019

Review - Wanted, A Gentleman by KJ Charles


Wanted, A Gentleman
Series: Standalone
Genre: Historical Romance
Age Group: Adult
Ebook - 155 pgs
Source: Scribd
Published: January 2017 

Rating: 3.5/5

Act the First:
the offices of the Matrimonial Advertiser, London
where Lonely Hearts may seek one another for the cost of a shilling

Act the Second:
a Pursuit to Gretna Green (or thereabouts)

featuring:
a speedy Carriage
sundry rustic Inns
a private Bed-chamber


While this was fast-paced and compelling, the romance didn't grab me quite like some of Charles' other couple have. There wasn't quite as much slow burn which is what I keep coming back for in her novels. Since it is less than two hundred pages I flew through it. Even so, at times it felt like it could use more time to fully develop some of the ideas as some of the plot points felt like they came from left field.

Overall, it was what I wanted from a KJ Charles book, but it was not my favorite of hers. However, this was a nice venture into a KJ Charles book I enjoyed after being less than impressed with the wrap up of the Sins of the Cities Trilogy.


No comments:

Post a Comment