Monday, January 21, 2019

Weekend Recap - January 18th - 20th

Weekend Recap - I've never done one of these before. A few of the blogs I follow do weekly reading wrap ups either on Youtube or written out. So, I thought I'd try it out. Let me know what you think!

Today is a holiday and I am absolutely thrilled to have the day off. This time of year is hectic at my work and I've never had Martin Luther King Day off before. The people in charge changed our holiday policy this year for which I am grateful and stressed! I had to work both days this weekend so I'm excited to have off even though I know we will have a lot to catch up on.

This weekend started off on a high note. On Friday my sister and I visited our parents. We had tacos for dinner and spent some quality time with our family dog. Molly is a black lab who is an absolutely sweetie. After a long day at work, it was nice to have her welcome me at the door. I haven't spent quality time with her for a couple of weeks so it was lovely to see her and eat some home cooking!



Friday wasn't a great reading day but I did fit in some audiobook time before work and before I went to bed. I listened to The Yard which is gruesome so far but interesting. I also took Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy with me to work and made some progress. All of these were small gains, but gains nonetheless! (Can you tell I'm watching football while I type up this post?) 

Saturday and Sunday were almost the same. Like I mentioned I worked both days so I tried to be productive in the morning. On Saturday I did some blog work and some cooking while listening to my audiobook. I am listening to Etiquette and Espionage as well as The Yard. E&E is more fun and I've read it before so I can pay less attention to it. I'm mostly rereading this to catch some of the hints and foreshadowing for the next books and the Parasol Protectorate Series. Sunday was another morning of chores and errands while I listened to audio.  

On Sunday at work I finally finished the Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy! It has been a while since I read a Cassandra Clare book. While I'm not a huge fan of her writing style, she does create a compelling story and interesting characters. I am tempted to jump into Lady Midnight before next month which is when I was planning to read it. 

I'm hoping this week I can finish both audiobooks I've already started and maybe one of the books I have hanging on my Currently Reading shelf. However, I work extended hours the rest of the week so that may not happen! 

What did you read last week? Did you start or finish anything you were excited about or you would recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment