Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday - Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2019

This year in 2019 I am determined to have a good reading year. Very few of the books I read in 2018 knocked my socks off. This year I'm determined to pick good books and read the ones on my shelves. Even so there are some books coming out that look stellar! I can't wait to check some of these out!

As always visit That Artsy Reader Girl for more topics and a full list of people participating in Top Ten Tuesday.

1) King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (Expected Release: January 29th) - Honestly I can't wait to be back in the Grisha Universe and see Nikolai on the page again. I've missed him so much! I love how Bardugo continues to expand her world.

2) The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi (Expected Release: January 15th)- This wasn't on my radar up until a few days ago when Sam from Thoughts on Tomes read and loved it. I've only read one of Chokshi's other books but I hope to read this one in 2019.

3) The Curse So Dark and Lovely by Brigid Kemmerer (Excepted Release - January 29th) - A Beauty and the Beast retelling will always capture my attention. It goes double when Kemmerer writes the book. I love her contemporaries and I cannot wait to read this!


King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1) The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1) A Curse So Dark and Lonely (A Curse So Dark and Lonely #1)

4) Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers (Expected Publication: February 5th) - This is probably my most anticipated release. I loved the Grave Mercy Trilogy and especially Sybella who will make another appearance in this book. 

5) Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan (Expected Release: April 2nd) - The story has intrigued me but that cover is what really grabbed by attention. 

6) We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizel - Expected Release - May 14th) I've been hearing about this book on twitter for years and I'm so excited it finally will be in readers' hands. The story sounds incredible and I can't wait to read it! 


Courting Darkness (Courting Darkness Duology, #1) Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1) We Hunt the Flame 

7) The Red Scrolls by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu (Expected Release: April 2nd) - I am not caught up on the Shadowhunter World at all, but this book is motivating me to read quickly! All I know is this book is about Alex and Magnus and that is all I want from a book. 

8) Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson (Expected Release: June 4th) - Very cool premise about libraries and magic. I missed The Enchantment of Ravens last year and this sounds even better. 

9) Sherwood by Megan Spooner (Expected Release: March 19th) - Female Robin Hood!!!!! 

10) Storm Cursed by Mercy Thompson (Expected Release: May 7th)- I still have a few books to read before I'm caught up on this series but I am still excited for this next release! 

The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses, #1) Sorcery of Thorns Sherwood

Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)

My Last Top Ten Tuesday ---> Top Ten Books I Hope to Find Under My Christmas Tree


No comments:

Post a Comment