Monday, March 25, 2013

March In Review

So after going through a bit of a reading slump last month and only reading two books, I have made up for lost time!



Books I Finished This Month (8)  

1) Brisingr - Christopher Paolini
2) Inheritance - Christopher Paolini
            My Thoughts on this the Inheritance Cycle
3) Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
            My Goodreads Review

4) Witch Child - Celia Rees
 
5) Unnatural Exposure - Patricia Cornwell

6) Fellowship of the Ring - J.R.R. Tolkien
 
7) Point of Origin  - Patricia Cornwell
   
8) A Clash of Kings - George R.R. Martin

9) Friends With Boys - Faith Erin Hicks

     

Books I Started This Month 

1) Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare

This is the final book in the Infernal Devices series and I'm around 50 pages in and I'm loving every second of it so far. I'm still trying to savor it though! 

2) The Two Towers - J.R.R. Tolkien 

3) Grave Secrets - Kathy Reichs 

Another forensic anthropologist that hunts down killers. I haven't read a Reichs book in a while and she is my favorite author of these types of books so I am diving right in! 

Whats New and Noteworthy in March? 

New Release I'm Excited About: 
Clockwork Princess was just released and if you haven't already started this series I would highly recommend it! Now you don't even have to wait for the next book to be released! This trilogy is set in Victorian England (one of my favorite time periods of history) and centers on the Shadowhunters of the London Institute and Tessa Grey, a new arrival from America who is searching for answers about her brother and herself. This series is a Prequel to the The Mortal Instruments series that is set in present day. (and is also amazing) The three books in the Infernal Devices Trilogy (Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess)  even come in a Box Set now which is convenient because once you start you will not want to stop! 


Deals I Saw: 
Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Hardcover edition is now a bargain bin deal on Amazon
Gone - By Michael Grant  - Great Deal on the paperback edition! 
Angelfall- Susan Ee - Only $3.65 for a physical copy! 

**Anything I list was priced at the time I posted this all of them can change at any time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment