Tuesday, September 20, 2016

10 Audiobooks on My TBR I Should Listen to

For about a year I had an Audible subscription and I loved having audiobooks so readily available. However, after realizing I wasn't keeping up with the number of books I was getting, I cancelled the subscription. I still have a stock pile of audiobooks to get through though and I also have some I bought as disc sets! These are the ten I am most anxious to get to.

1) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and read by Rosamund Pike - My friends and I started a Jane Austen book club this year, which we are already planning on evolving into just a book club, and our next pick should be P&P. I'm so excited for this audiobook. Pike's voice is very pleasing and, since she played Jane in the 2005 movie, I am ready to listen to her read me this story.

2) Vicious by V.E. Schwab and read by Noah Michael Levine - I've heard so many good things about this book and want to read it very much. Instead of commiting to it though, I've added it to my ever growing list of Victoria Schwab books I cannot wait to read!

3) Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz and read by Lin-Manuel Miranda - So many people have raved about this book and I've wanted to read it for ages. I mostly want to listen to it because Miranda reads it. Who can get enough of Hamilton's voice? (Other than Burr?)

4) Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor and read by Zara Ramm - After finishing The Parasol Protectorate Series, I've been looking for an amusing series to start. This was a recommendation from Elizabeth at Books and Pieces and I'm excited to try it.

5) Binge by and narrated by Tyler Oakley - I have been watching Tyler on Youtube for a few years. I don't know much about his life before Youtube and his memoir sounds interesting.

6) A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn and read by Angele Masters - More historical fiction centered in Victorian London and a lady who solves mysteries. Of course, if you know me at all your know I am super excited about all of those words.

7) The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker and read by George Guidall - This was the first audiobook I purchased for myself through Audible. I'm interested in checking this one out but it is quite long so it might take me a while to play this one.

8) The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury and read by Amy Shiels - This one just sounds so cool and I love the covers even though I only have the audiobooks.

9) As You Wish by The Cast of The Princess Bride - This one sounds so cool! Many of the cast members from the movie read sections of the book that recounts their experiences on set. I cannot wait to check it out.

10) Armada by Ernest Cline and read by Wil Wheaton - I really really need to read a book by Ernest Cline. I've put it off for so long!

My Last TTT ---> My Top Ten Paranormal Books

5 comments:

  1. I love P&P. And I too have The Sin Eater's Daughter but haven't gotten to it. I thought Armada was ok, but liked Ready Player One much better.

    My TTT: "Dear Audiobook Producers: I Really Want These"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Ready Player One is superior. I guess I'll just need to check them both out.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha! Yay! I'm really excited to check that one out.

      Delete
  3. Vicious and The Sin Eater's Daughter are both on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/top-ten-tuesday-75/

    ReplyDelete