Wednesday, September 21, 2016

T5W - Characters I NEVER want to trade places with

This week for Top Five Wednesday the topic is not quite what I was expecting. Instead of the run-of-the-mill subject of which characters would you like to trade places with, we examine the characters the characters we would NEVER switch lives. The latter turned out to be a little easier than the former. Terrible things happen to characters in fiction and I know exactly who I would avoid living as.

1) Kate Daniels - This girl gets hurt a lot and she is on the run a lot. No matter how her sexy shapeshifter boyfriend is (and he is quite sexy) I never want to be in her shoes. Plus the world she lives in is super dangerous and I never want to be on Kate's bad side. I will be her friend because otherwise I will end up dead.

 Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)



2)Katniss Everdean - Who would ever want to trade places with this girl? She is killer, literally, with a bow, but she is put through so much for the sake of entertainment. No way!

 The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)

3)Finnikin of the Rock - Finnikin is an amazing character. I admire him a lot and think he is incredibly intelligent. Once again though, this guy has been through hell and back. He's had to endure a lot of hardship and, since I'm not done with this series, I'm sure he will see a lot more. I'll stay where I am thanks!
Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2) 

4) Tony Chu - These comics are gross. Imagining being Tony Chu is even worse. Tony must chomp on dead bodies to help solve their murders. Its nasty to say the least. He is also grossed out by it, but I know I couldn't handle it in any way, shape or form.
 Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice Chew, Vol. 2: International Flavor Chew, Vol. 3: Just Desserts 

5) Marko or Alana (from Saga) - To say these two go through some tough times is the understatement of the year. Honestly, I'm not caught up on the series so I can't say things won't get better, but from my vantage point things look pretty grim. I'll stay on Earth, thanks.

Saga #1 Saga #7 

 Thoughts? Who would you avoid switching places with at all costs?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment