Friday, May 17, 2013

My Summer Reading Goals

Goodreads continues to inform me that I am in fact behind on my reading goal for the year! Therefore this summer I have some pretty ambitious reading goals for the summer of 2013. I think they are ambitious at least!

To help with this problem I have created a Reading Jar! If you don't know, the concept of a reading jar is for you to put the titles of books you own and need to read in a jar. Then when you need to find something to read, you just pick a title out and proceed to read that title. The first one I picked out was Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Lani Taylor which I am so excited about.

On my Goodreads list I have over 100 books that are unread. I want to read at least 25 books this summer. The day I start counting is the day I graduate which is May 18th and I am going to end my summer on the official end of summer date of September 21. That is a total of four month and it means I should read between 6 and 7 books per month. This doesn't seem like it will be a problem because I am going to be doing nothing but working my tail off, going on vacation and reading!!

Overall I want to finish/work on several series that I have started and have not finished
1) Lord of the Rings by JR Tolkien - Currently I'm reading The Two Towers
2) Song of Ice and Fire Series by George RR Martin - I've read the first two books and now I need to tackle the book known as A Storm of Swords 
3) The Iron Fey Series- I've read the first book and I'm currently reading book number two. This series already has me addicted.
4) Castor Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - I'm dying to read Beautiful Darkness.
5) Beka Cooper Series by Tamora Pierce - I've only read the first book, but Bloodhound sounds so good and I love Tamora Pierce so I will definitely be picking this up soon.

I also want to reread at least 5 books, but I don't have a set list of titles for that. I am excited for this summer and I cannot wait to start this project!




No comments:

Post a Comment