Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2013!

Top Ten Tuesdays are created by: The Broke and the Bookish

I've read 37 books so far this year! I've found some great ones, but its hard to order them so these are my favorite ones of this year. They are not in any particular order.

1) The Night Circus by Erin Morganstan - I was actually very surprised to love this book as much as I did. It was enchanting and the writing was absolutely gorgeous. Even though it is slow paced, I thought the author did a great job of making magic seem like something that could really happen.

2) A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness- I adored this book and it was just a fantastic read. I would suggest that anyone read this book because it deals with tough stuff in a great way.

3) Howls Moving Castle - Diana Waynne Jones- I've been dying to read this forever and I loved it! I didn't even realized how involved I was until the very end of the story! It was fabulous!

4) Friends with Boys - Faith Erin Hicks -  I have not read many graphic novels, but this is one of the best ones that I've read. It was a light read and the artwork was clear and interesting.

5) Clockwork Princess- Cassandra Clare - This was a great final book in a fantastic trilogy! I don't want to give anything away. However, I will say that the ending of this series was not what I was expecting and it made me like the series even more!

6) Beka Cooper: Terrier - Tamora Pierce - I love Tamora Pierce and I put off reading this book for too long. I really enjoyed it. It was a new spin on one of my favorite fantasy worlds of all time.

7) Opal - Jennifer L. Armentrout - This book was fantastic and fast paced just like the entire series. Such a cliffhanger though! I cannot wait for the next book.

8) Daughter of Smoke and Bones- Lani Taylor - I will label this book my favorite book of 2013 so far. I loved the writing style and I loved the story. It was so enchanting and unique.

9) Anna Dressed in Blood- Kendare Blake -  This book came to my attention because of several blogger and vloggers. I love Supernatural and this book reminded me of that show! Loved it!

10)Serephina - Rachel Hartman I struggled to get into this story for a while, but once it had me pulled in, I could not put it down.

I loved all these books and cannot wait to see what comes in the second half of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment