Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July in Review

So far in July I have learned that the surest way for me not to read something is for me to tell the internet that I am going to read it. I read a lot of books in July, but most of them weren't the ones I said I was going to read! I normally do not post a TBR list for just this reason, but I thought with my vacation I would try. It didn't work out at all. Over half the books I said I was going to take to the beach did not even make it into my suitcase.




The Books I read during the Booktube-A-Thon: 
 1) The Woman Who Rides Like a Man - Tamora Pierce 
2) Chopsticks - Jessica Anthony 
3) Lola and the Boy Next Door- Stephanie Perkins 
Books I started but didn't finish: 
Defiance by CJ Redwine 
Eon - Alison Hutchinson 

At the tail end of the Booktube-A-Thon I left for a week long vacation to the beach! I did a lot of reading here as well. 

Books I Finished while on vacation  and not for the Booktube-A-Thon
1) Eon - Alison Hutchinson 
2) The 5th Wave- Rick Yancey 
3) My Life Next Door- Huntley Fitzpatrick 
4) Defiance - C.J. Redwine 

Other Books I Read this Month 
1) Beautiful Darkness- Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl 
2) In the Hands of the Godess- Tamora Pierce (reread) 
3) Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler - E.L. Konigsburg 
4) Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy: The Last Man in the World - Abigail Reynolds 

So overall I read 11 books this month! I had a lot of fun watching the Booktube-A-Thon videos that people posted. I never posted anything because even though I participated in the reading portion of the event I did not have time to record and edit videos during that week. 
I'm very behind of reviews and I'll be working on this as much as I can as soon as I can. My schedule has been super hectic because I started work at a new job full time. (This keeps me super busy) 

Books I Started in July 
1) Mansfield Park - Jane Austen  
I've tried to read this so many times, but I always get stuck. Even so, I am going to try to read it again because it feels like a challenge. I'm still struggling a little bit though. 
2) Gravity - Melissa West 
I've only read 30 or so pages of this and I have mixed feelings about the writing and the main character so far...

I promise I'll be posting some real reviews soon! I know I am super behind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment