Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bookish Five Friday (5)- Keywords/Buzz Words

There are certain words that peak my interest and make me investigate a book farther even if I've never heard anything about it before. I have a weakness for certain subjects and if a book summery mentions them, I'll definitely be looking into the book or possibly walking out of a store with it.

1) Gods - One of my favorite topics in books is gods. Elemental, Greek, Roman, magical, Egyptian, ancient or vengeful. I'll take it on. I just love to read about gods! 

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)  Vessel Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) Trickster's Queen (Daughter of the Lioness, #2)

2) Angels - If a book features angels, you can bet I'll give it a try and probably fall in love with it.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) 

3) Girls in a powerless situation and having a secret way to become powerful - I love stories where girls are in a bad situation and they take charge or find a way to become powerful either through secret powers or just strength of will.

Divergent (Divergent, #1) The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)  Not a Drop to Drink  Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)


4) Dragons - If you give me a dragon, I'll want it to fly. Other than that I cannot ignore a dragon book.


Scorched (Scorched, #1)  Brisingr  (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)  Seraphina (Seraphina, #1) Eon: Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1)
(another one for dragons would be the Game of Thrones Books)

5) Dystopian/Apocalyptic - I have a weakness  for these types of stories and sometimes I just cannot put this genre aside.

The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) Defiance (Defiance, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment