Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List - Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a feature that was created by The Broke and the Bookish. They host it every week and it is a lot of fun to participate in.

1) Read 100 Books per year - My biggest goal of this year is to read 100 books. Last year I read over 100 books, but over 20 of them were graphic novels and my goal this year is to read a larger number of novels.

2)  Finish the Ice and Fire Series - I want to catch up on this series before the next book comes out even though there isn't a date for its release.

3) Reduce my TBR pile to less than 100 books - I have over 170 books that I haven't read but own physical copies of. I really want to reduce this number because I am ashamed that I own so many books that I haven't read. Also I want to spend less money on books if I'm not going to read them for years.

4) Go to a major author event - I've been to a few author events and met a few of my favorite authors, but I'd like to go to an author tour event or an event for a really popular book. I would love to get some of my favorite books signed if possible in the coming years.

5) Have a library room - Someday when I have a house of my own, I want to have a room completely dedicated to reading and books. I cannot create this room where I live now and I don't know if I'll be able to anytime soon, but its a goal.

6) Meet some of my favorite authors - I'd love to meet some of the authors who have written my favorite books. Some examples would be Tamora Pierce, Maggie Stiefvater, Cassandra Clare, Rick Riordan and others.

7) Post more regularly (videos and text posts) - I have a hard time keeping to a schedule for this blog and for video making. It would be really great if I could make myself stick to a schedule and making the posts/reviews/videos more routine.

8) Read more Broadly - Sometimes I get stuck reading the same genre over and over again. Even if I'm enjoying that genre I want to try and challenge myself to try new genres and different books. I might discover something I really enjoy if I remember to branch out.

9) Visit the Library more often - I have lofty goals when it comes to the library. I always try to make it there, but I always stop going after a few weeks. I want to make going to the library something I do regularly at some point in my life.

10) Finish my bind up of Sherlock Holmes stories - I've read about a third of my Complete Sherlock Holmes. I want to finish this book, but it is going to take forever at this rate!




No comments:

Post a Comment