Tuesday, March 29, 2016

10 Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads


It is Top Ten Tuesday again which means we get to talk about some exciting books! The topic this week poses a little bit of a problem. Five star books are a bit rare so I had to look back pretty far into 2015 to find my most recent five star rated books. 

Basically, resent will be relative in this post!! This list will be in chronological order (or as close to it as possible)

1) The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson - Last summer I read this book at the beach and I loved it! The world building and the characters were so amazing. I am so anxious to pick up book two and continue on with this series. 

2) Demelza by Winston Graham - After the first book, I was really excited to check this book and see where the Poldark family goes in the next one. This installment did not disappoint. It is a very emotional ride from start to finish. 

3) S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst - This is the most unique book I think I've ever read. It was an incredible experience and I am so glad I took the time to read it (many many times through).


5) My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins - This series of stories is adorable from start to finish. I loved them! I can't wait for the summer time ones to be published now! 

6) Darcy's Tale by Stanley Michael Hurd - After finding out the printing problem with my book did not impact all books, I bumped this from a four to five stars. Amazing retelling of Pride and Prejudice from Darcy's Perspective. 

7) The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle - This book! Oh this book is amazing. I loved everything about it. Just go read it already! 

8)  Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - The heist story to rule heist stories with an amazing set of characters that I will defend with my life. 

9) Lumberjanes by by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Brooke A. Allen - Fantastic graphic novel about female friendships and adventure. Great for kids and adults! 

10)  Harry Potter Books by J.K. Rowling - I reread this last year and in the beginning of 2016. I gave so many five stars to this series that I love so much. 


My Last Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books on my Spring TBR

3 comments:

  1. Might try 'Darcy's tale', sounds interesting! I loved Demelza too, one of my favourites of the series :)

    My TTT: http://whenitdoes.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome book! I can't wait to get more books in the Poldark saga too.

      Delete
  2. I couldn't get into The Monstrumologist although I know plenty of people have loved it. It must have just been me. I really wanted to like it so I could continue on with the series.

    ReplyDelete