Wednesday, March 2, 2016

T5W - Top Five Book Hangovers

Everyone has experienced a book hangover I imagine. That feeling when you are completely absorbed in a world and can't stop mentally living there well after you've finished the book.OR when you've read late into the night and the next day feels like a dream rather than reality?

This week for Top Five Wednesday we are featuring the books that made us feel like that. I have a mix of both reactions. Some of these were books I couldn't pull myself out of long after I finished  the book while others I stayed up late in the night reading.

1) The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle - At the end of 2015 I was surprised and delighted by this story. I was thinking about this book for days after I finished it and relistened to parts of the audiobook over and over again. This book had me under its spell long after I finished it. The magical realism enchanted me.

2) The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater - This book blew my mind when I first read it. I was completely wrapped up in the characters and the story I couldn't stop thinking about it and could not pick up another book for a long time.

3) Clockwork Princess / City of Heavenly Fire - When I read Cassandra Clare finales I cannot read anything else for a while. They blow my mind and I love the nice neat packages Clare writes for her characters. I end up thinking about the future of the Shadowhunter world long after I finish the book.

4) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - This book! Last year I was completely wrapped up in this series. I read the book and watched the TV series right after. I was completely submerged in Claire's story and want to continue reading the series soon.

5) Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - Upon reread Heir of Fire has put me in a bit of a reading slump. I don't know if it is from the book itself (probably) or the face I read like a madman in February. It is a toss up but I'm blaming this amazing book.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment