Tuesday, March 8, 2016

February Favorites (2016)

As has become tradition, it is time for Monthly Favorites! I enjoy making up this post every month and reflecting on all the things I've done and posted lately. It is a fun way to go over the products I've been using and the media I've consumed.

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) 

Book Favorite:


My Book Favorite was probably the hardest favorite to determine this month. I read so many books and they were all so good. I had to consider some amazing rereads and great books I read for the first time this month.

Six of Crows beat out the competition though by being the most addictive story I've read in ages. I love the characters and the world building. I can't wait to read book two!


Blog Post Favorite: 

Though the topic of Top Ten Tuesday a few weeks was about music, I put a little twist on the topic in order to feature something I had been thinking about a lot. Why do we just insist on movies and television adaptations of our favorite books? What if someone wrote a score to go along with? Doesn't that sound like fun?

Booktube Favorites:

My Bookish Facts video was the most fun to make and I really enjoyed watching other people's as well this month. If you haven't found this string of videos yet, I highly recommend. They are a lot of fun to watch and you learn some interesting facts about bookish people.


Music Favorite:


I have two album favorites this month. I've been listening to both of these very regularly over the past month or so. The first is, of course, Hamilton. Like everyone else I have fallen in love with this soundtrack. I don't know if I'll ever see it live, but it amazing. 
The other is The Mountain Goat's newish album Southwestern Territory, In April I'm going to a concert and I've been loving this album to pieces. Cannot wait to see them live!




Social Media Favorite


Litsy - The new app on the block this week is my favorite. While there are plenty of bugs to work out, I have enjoyed using it so far. Like everyone says it is a cross between Goodreads and Instagram. I've been taking a lot of pictures of my books! 



Life Favorite:


My Laptop! This month I had an issue with my laptop.
It had to go into the repair shop for almost a week. I missed
it terribly and I was behind in my posting. Therefore, I was
missing on the blog here for almost a week. Needless to say I'm
glad there wasn't anything seriously wrong and I was able to get
my device back so soon.

TV Favorite:



While I know there are mixed reviews of this adaptation and some people don't like the changes that have been made, I have enjoyed the TV show for the most part. While I do have some issues with the show, overall I like it. Its cheesy and there are questionable choices by the writers, but I knew going in there were going to be changes so I'm not upset by them. The cast is awesome and they are what keeps me coming back every week. I'm hoping things improve, but I'll probably keep watching anyway.


That's it for February. Let me know if you would like to see other favorites like Beauty, Fitness, Youtuber or other categories. Suggestions are very welcome. What have you enjoyed this month? Are there are any new books or activities I should check out? Let me know!

Happy reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment