Monday, March 20, 2017

Review- Spider Gwen Vol. 0 - Most Wanted?



 Spider-Gwen, Vol. 0: Most Wanted?
Series: Spider Gwen Issues #1-5
Genre: Superhero Comics
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Library
Marvel - 2015
Paperback - 112 pgs

Rating - 2/5

IN ONE UNIVERSE, it wasn't Peter Parker who was bitten by the radioactive spider, but Gwen Stacy! She's smart, charming and can lift a car ... just don't tell her father, the police chief. Now, in the wake of Spider-Verse, Gwen swings into her own solo adventures! And she soon finds herself between a rock and a hard place when the Vulture attacks, and NYPD Lieutenant Frank Castle sets his sights on bringing her down. Then, still haunted by Peter's death, Gwen visits his only family: Ben and May Parker. But what really happened the day Peter died? Find out right here as the spectacular Spider-Gwen steals not only the spotlight, but also the hearts of comic fans worldwide!


Well, I can say I enjoyed the art, and I liked Gwen's outfit.

The rest was not so good. I am so disappointed by this. It sounded cool. It looked cool! UGH! Overall, this lacked focus and context. I expected some confusion. I knew I was jumping into the middle of a story. However, I think it was a mistake to throw readers into the middle of 50 different plot lines without an origin story. #confusing

Also as I mentioned in my February Wrap Up, because the authors named this collection Volume 0. It made me think this would be a precursor for things to come. I believe, incorrectly, this would be an origin story or introduction. Instead, we are plopped in the middle of a lot of plot lines. #NotAFan

I did like Gwen and her band is kickass. I am going to continue the series, but I was less than impressed with these first few issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment