Friday, March 31, 2017

Review - Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout


13644052

Series: Lux #4
Genre: Paranormal
Age Group
Paperback - 364 pgs
Entangled Publishing - August 2013

Rating: 4/5

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

This year is apparently the year I tackle the oldest books on my TBR shelf. First came Across a Star-Swept Sea; now I've taken on the fourth Lux book. I adore the first three books in this series. They are fantastic. The world is solid. I love the characters and the romance. I've put off this installment for literal years. 

Origin is packed with action, adventure and swoon-worthy moments. My favorite alien couple is holding their own again government agencies and doing their best to keep themselves safe. Though this isn't my favorite in the series, we get more answers in this installment which I appreciated. This does take the series to a whole new level of weird, but nothing Armentrout hasn't already laid the groundwork for or I considered out of the realm of possibilities. 

After the events of Opal Katy and Daemon are separated. Neither is handling it well, but I thought the author did a good job of creating the duel perspective in these first few chapters. The first three books are in Katy's POV (if you want Deamon's POV check out Origin) so this the first time we hear Deamon's opinions about anything that is going on. I enjoyed this immensely. 

I will say I was disappointed about where we left off. A few decisions at the end of the book grated on my nerves, but I am still invested and want to find out what happens next. (Because I have no idea where this is going!) Can't wait for more and now that I have a copy of Opposition that matches the rest of the books, I am highly motivated to pick it up. 

My Last Review ---> Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews


No comments:

Post a Comment