Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Meant to Read in 2017 But Didn't Get to

Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Every year there are books I wish I had read or made resolutions to read and I never picked up. These are just a few of the ones I wish I had read last year. I'm not going to make a resolution about these because that just never seems to work. So I'm just going to say I hope I'll read these this year or at least a few of them!

Opposition (Lux, #5) A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) The Handmaid's Tale

The Fate of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #3) Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3) Uprooted

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) Girl Out of Water A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2)

The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking #2)

8 comments:

  1. A Gathering of Shadows is so good! Hope you enjoy it :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/top-ten-tuesday-141/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I LOVE the Chaos Walking series! It's one of my all-time favorites. I hope you love THE ASK AND THE ANSWER.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people have recommended it to me and I want to read the whole series before I pass judgement! Good luck with your reading goals!

      Delete
  3. I really need to read more of the Martin series. I hope you get a chance to read all these!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Handmaid's Tale is one of my favorite "classic" novels. (I use the term "classic" loosely for this just because it was published in the 80s, and that wasn't THAT long ago.) I don't know if you've read any of Margaret Atwood's other stuff, but Oryx and Crake is amazing as well ... It's one of my all-time favorites.

    I hope you get to at least some of these books this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read a Margret Atwood, but I am determined to this year! Thanks for the suggestions.

      Delete
  5. I REALLY want to read Uprooted too! It's been sitting on my bookshelf for some time, I feel so guilty that I haven't got to it yet! I won't be reading The Fate Of The Tearling - I didn't love book one and really disliked the second book. But I will recommend reading The Name Of The Wind! It's long but so detailed and really intriguing from start to finish!

    Awesome choices, feel free to check out my TTT list :)

    ReplyDelete