Wednesday, February 17, 2016

T5W - Top 5 Books I Was Recommended

One of the truest mantras in my life is So Many Books, So Little Time. When someone fervently recommends me something I try to give it as much merit as when I pester someone to read something I've loved.

1) Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan - My coworker recommended my this autobiography a couple of years ago. It follows a young woman who is suddenly struck by an illness that changes her life dramatically. It was fast paced and extremely interesting. I tore through this book and have explored the biography genre more since reading it.

2) Sabriel by Garth Nix (The Old Kingdom Series) - My best friend insisted I listen to the audiobooks after she learned I hadn't read this series. I will always be grateful. This series is amazing and I love the audio versions so much. Amazing fantasy series!

3) Poldark by Winston Graham - After my cousin and I had a long discussion about the BBC series and Aidan Turner, she recommended me the books. Honestly, I love them equally. Both are full of interesting characters!

4) Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya - This manga was recommended to me by my closest set of friends in high school after they all read it. It bonded us even closer and this is such a cute story! I also highly recommend.

5)  Storm by Brigid Kemmerer (The Elemental Series) - All of the books on this list came from personal recommendations except this series. I love this series so much, but I never would have know about it without booktube. I can't wait to read the last book and find out what happens. Thank you booktube for recommending a lesser know, but still great, series.

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) Ross Poldark (Poldark, #1) Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 (Fruits Basket, #1) Storm (Elemental, #1)


No comments:

Post a Comment