Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Top Ten (Plus a Few) Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2015

Once again it is time to make a Top Ten Tuesday about the books you are thrilled to get your hands on in the coming year. Thank you to the Broke and the Bookish for hosting this meme because I spent an evening getting overexcited to discover new releases and anticipate sequels to some of my favorites.

There are so many exciting books coming out in 2015!! In fact, there are so many books being released in 2015 I couldn't pick just 10. Since I was going to pick more than 10 anyway, I decided to just list them all. Go big or go home! I went way over this week, but I hope you'll forgive me since I also included lots of beautiful covers in this post.



The List: I didn't rank them this week because that would be impossible. I just listed them in order of release date. These are my top ten (cough twelve) releases for 2015.

Final Installment of The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater (Unknown) - This series is my favorite! I cannot wait to get my hands on this book, but I'm also going to be so sad when it ends. I just need it now! *Grabby Hands*

Polaris by Mindee Arnett (January 20th) - Even though I haven't read Avalon, I'm very excited to get my hands on this book. Both of them just look so Firefly-esque I cannot wait to read them and have all the feels.

Fairest by Marissa Meyer (January 27th) - I've finally caught on to this series and jumped on the bandwagon. After marathoning the first three books, I'm excited to check out the Queen's story.

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (February 10th) - This book looks amazing. I don't even know that much about it. I just want to see that cover in person!

A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab (February 24th) - This book! It's been on my radar for ages and I cannot wait to finally get my hands on it and read it. Victoria Schwab also talks about it a lot on twitter which makes me very excited.

The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski (March 3rd) - GIVE ME THIS BOOK. If the cover is enough reason to want it, the first book is amazing and I need this sequel!

Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman (March 10th) - Seraphina came out forever and a half ago so I am super ready for the sequel to come out. Can't wait for this one! (Are you seeing a pattern yet?)

The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey (April 28th) - Also very excited for this one even though I know a limited amount about it. The description is very interesting and I've heard a few good things about it!

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (May 5th ) - Who doesn't want to pick this up. I recently saw a video on Facebook where Sarah J. Maas explains the premise of this book. It really made me anxious for this series!

To Hold the Bridge by Garth Nix (June 9th) - This cover is amazing and it is a collection of Old Kingdom short stories. Why isn't this in my hands yet. It should be June 9th!

The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan (October 6th) - Obviously me and everyone else is excited about the next Riordan series to start. I'm still missing Percy though.

Winter by Marissa Meyer (November 24th) - Like I mentioned above, I've just finished marathoning the first three Lunar Chronicles books. I cannot wait for this final book to be released, but it is the farthest away!

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2) Polaris (Avalon, #2)
The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2) A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic, #1) To Hold the Bridge


Honorable Mentions: Here are just a few more I feel the need to mention. Most of these are books in series I haven't started or series that aren't at the top  of my favorites list. All of these sound interesting though and a lot of them have girls facing away on the cover. They look awesome and I want to check them out as well. I'm breaking all the rules this week!

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (October 8th)

The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige (March 31st)

A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd (January 27th)

I Was Here by Gayle Forman (January 27th ) -

Jubilee Manor by Bethany Hagen (August 11th)

The Heir by Kiera Cass (May 5th)

Stone in the Sky by Cecil Castellucci (February 24th)

I Was Here A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter, #3) Jubilee Manor (Landry Park, #2)
The Heir (The Selection #4) Stone in the Sky (Tin Star, #2)


Last week's TTT -----> Top Ten Winter TBR Books


8 comments:

  1. Yaay for Shadow Scale! Yaay for Red Queen! Yaaay for The Heir. 2015 is gonna be a great year in terms of books :D

    http://ireadboooks.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/top-ten-books-im-looking-forward-to-in-2015/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! So many great books are coming out next year and I cannot wait for them. You also have a great list.

      Delete
  2. I need The Winner's Crime too! I'm dying here!! What happens!?!? I'll read anything Sarah J. Maas writes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The Winner's Crime is very high on my list and I cannot wait for the Court of Thorns and Roses. Great authors that I need more books from.

      Delete
  3. Great picks! I'm so anxious for some of these as well. I feel like it's going to be a great year for books.

    here's mine

    Also, I have a $30 giveaway going so be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is going to be a great book year! I can't wait for all of them. Some of them seem so far away!

      Delete
  4. I NEED THE WINNER'S CRIME. I don't want it, I'm not anticipating it, I need it in my hands now. I loved The Winner's Curse. I got really obsessive. The night I finished it, I kept dreaming about how things would play out between Arin and Kestrel. I was just... I wasn't sure who to be angry with Kestrel or the release date of The Winner's Crime.

    I swear I had the same exact thoughts when I saw the cover for the Red Queen. "Crown. Blood. Neat cover. I will own this."

    Check out my Top Ten? http://characterized.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-im.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I cannot wait for the next book. The anticipation is killer. So many great covers coming next year.

      Delete