Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR


This week on Top Ten Tuesday the topic is one I'm not very good at. I constantly make TBRs then never follow them. I'm a mood reader, but I still try to make lists of books I want to read now! So we shall see how this list pans out. Even though I want to talk about all the cool new released coming in the new year, mostly this list includes books I already own since the holiday season means I'll be shopping for other instead of myself and I need to reduce me enormous unread book pile.

1) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - This book has been on my Kindle for a few months. I really want to read it, but I don't want to be sad. Also there are a lot of people who tell me this is their favorite book and that is a lot of pressure! I want to read it and I want to like it. So I'm not sure if I'll make it to this one. I keep putting it off.

2) Blood Promise by Richelle Mead - This book has been on my TBR for what seems like forever even though its only been about a year. I really like this series and need to power throught the last three books.

3) Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - I need to finish this series! I enjoyed book two, but since I read it so long ago, I forget a lot of it. Not many people have made it through this series, but I intend to!

4) Legend by Marie Lu -  So many people love this series. I think I might have spoiled the entire series by accident on Tumblr the other day. Even so, I'm going to try to read it without thinking about that too much.

5) The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle - Every TBR I create I say I want to finish this book. I am making progress! I've made it through a dozen stories in the last couple weeks and I have a goal to read The Hounds of Baskerville by Christmas.

Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3) Legend (Legend, #1) The Book Thief Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) The Complete Sherlock Holmes

6) Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Mariller - This book has been recommended to me so many times and I really want to check out this series. There are retelling elements and fantasy elements! I just started it, but I've started about a million things recently so I hope I get to this.

7) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - Everyone loves this book and I really want to read it. Somehow I've just ignored it sitting on my shelf even though it sounds amazing. Hopefully while I'm trapped inside due to snow and cold I'll check it out.

8) Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert - This book has the honor of being on my TBR pile the longest according to Goodreads. I really need to read this and I always tend to pick up more classics in the winter so it seems like a good thing to add.

9) The Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce - Already started this one too! I like it so far, but again need to finish it before I start yet another book.

10) The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - This is the most iffy book. I'm not sure if I'll get to this one, but I want to try it over my Christmas break from work since I'll have a lot of time to just sit and read without distractions.

The Will of the Empress (Circle Reforged, #1) The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) Fangirl Daughter of the Forest  (The Sevenwaters Trilogy, #1) Madame Bovary


Last Week's TTT -----> Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait for

3 comments:

  1. I think you'll like The Book Thief, Fangirl and Name of the Wind. Read all three and they were great reads.

    The Holmes stories are also highly recommended, if only so you can watch how Sherlock adapts them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really should have listed NAME OF THE WIND on my TTT! I adored DAUGHTER OF THE FOREST (and the whole original Sevenwaters trilogy. I still need to read the newer trilogy.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliet Marillier is amazing. I love her Sevenwaters series and her Wildwood duology. If you love fantasy, you'll love her writing.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete