Friday, December 9, 2016

Review- Soulless Manga Series Review


Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 1 (The Parasol Protectorate Manga) Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 2 Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3

Genre: Paranormal Historical Fiction
Source: Purchased 
Paperback - Total Pages 682

Series Rating: 5/5 
Initially, I meant to read one of these a month so I could draw them out and enjoy them slowly. That plan went out the window rather quickly when I actually sat down and read the first volume. This books are fast paced and beautifully drawn. The story itself is adapted extremely well. I didn't feel like pieces of the story were missing and Carriger's wonderful flow and pacing were preserved in this adaptation to manga style. 

Since finishing The Parasol Protectorate Series in July, I have missed Alexia so much. I was so excited to follow her adventures again in this series. The first three books are adapted and stop at an appropriate point in the series. While Carriger has posted that it is doubtful we will see more than these three adaptations, I will harbor hopes that someday we will see the last two books adapted. For me, the adaptations were absolutely perfect and I enjoyed them so much. 
After seeing what a disjointed and jumbled mess a manga adaptation can be, I am so glad to know one of my favorite series was done so well. Kudos to Gail Carriger and REM for translating the story so well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment