Friday, February 14, 2014

Bookish Five Friday - Valentine's Day Edition

Favorite Fictional Couples 

As you probably know, today is Valentine's Day so I'll be highlighting five of my favorite fictional couples this week. There are so many romances and couples that I love across all genres, but for today I'll be focusing on five of my favorite Young Adult Couples.


1) Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series and The Lost Hero Series) - Ever since The Lightening Thief I've been rooting for this couple. I know Percy and Annabeth are young when we first meet them, but I wanted them to be together in that someday this will be an amazing ship type of way. I love this couple and I always root for them and want them to be together. There isn't unnecessary drama or trust issues in their relationship which is refreshing. They know each other and understand each other which is fantastic and fun to read. 

2) Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger (Harry Potter Series) - I do not care what JK Rowling has stated recently. I wanted Ron and Hermione to be together since I was 12 and I read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. They were the first couple I remember shipping and they are one of my favorite couples. They may not always get along, but they stick together. I read an article on a blog recently that I think explains a lot of what I love about them. Check it Out 

3) Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters (The Fault In Our Stars) - Who doesn't love this couple? And will there ever be a BFF where I don't mention this book? Honestly Hazel and Augustus are one of the most believable and realistic couples I've ever read. There is a lot more to this story than two kids who have cancer and I think I took a lot away from it about life and romance. They are honest and their story is truly powerful. I'm a fan of John Green and all his works, but this one is easily my favorite.  

4) Anna and Étienne St. Clair ( Anna and the French Kiss) - This is one of the cutest romances I've read in a while. I loved both the characters and the setting of Paris is epically romantic. I read this book two of three times in 2012. For some reason the characters kept pulling me back until I knew their story inside and out. Anna is relateable and St. Clair's personality is easy to fall in love with. Also we get to see peaks into their relationships in Stephine Perkins' other book Lola and the Boy Next door (which I also enjoyed). 

5)  Echo Emerson and Noah Hutchins (Pushing the Limits) - I wasn't expecting to love this book when I read it, but I instantly fell in love with both characters and their stories. I remember being giddy while reading just because I was having so much fun reading the story. Even though there are heavy parts to this story, the romance was fun and easy to go along with. They are supportive of each other even through the many tough moments in this story. 

Last Week's Bookish Five - Favorite Book Design Elements

No comments:

Post a Comment