Friday, February 21, 2014

Bookish Five Friday(15) - Most Intimidating Books on My TBR


This might be a bad week for this topic. Right now everything feels intimidating on my TBR because Ignite Me (which I cannot stop talking about) has taken over my brain. Everything I start just pails in comparison. Needless to say I'm struggling to finish books this week. These are just a few of the books that are sitting on my shelves that are the most intimidating and the hardest for me to pick up.

1) Storm of Swords by George RR. Martin - First of all these books are immensely popular and this is largest and most liked in the series. Why do I have trouble reading it then? Reread the first sentence. Everyone loves this book and even though books one and two were good, I read book two a while ago and would probably have to reread some of it to start this book. I'm worried I'll be confused and scared of who is going to die in this book because the outlook looks like all my favorite characters.

2) The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefavter - Even though I've heard that this sequel is amazing, I'm worried I won't love it as much as The Raven Boys. I love the first book in this series so much and I'm reading it for the third time in preparation to read book two. Hopefully it will live up to all my expectations.

3) Victoria: An Intimate Biography by Stanley Weintraub - This is a non-fiction book that I read parts of during college and I want to read more of it. I'm especially interested in Victoria's early life before her husband passed away. Even so this book is huge and has been sitting on my shelf for two years. I don't know when I'll get to read it, but sheer size (716 pages) and the fact that it is non-fiction is intimidating.

4) Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - I remember that I really loved Beautiful Darkness, but I don't remember anything that happened in the book. I read it in a day and I've forgotten everything. I started readingBeautiful Chaos and I had no idea who was alive and who wasn't. So this book is freaking me out because I don't remember anything about the other one. I'll have to do some rereading before I dive into another adventure with Ethan.

5) Eleanor and Park/Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - These two books are intimidating for the exact same reason. I have heard nothing but good things about them and everything else Rainbow Rowell has written. I cannot make myself pick them up even though I'm dying to read them. My expectations are so high I cannot help but be worried that the books will not live up to what I am expecting. Hopefully, I'll be able to get over it soon and read them because they are both sitting on my shelf begging to be read.






Last Week's BFF-----> Valentine's Day-Favorite Fictional Couples

No comments:

Post a Comment