Friday, January 1, 2016

Jamie's 2015 End of Year Survey

This has been a heck of a year. Once again it is time to do Jamie's survey from her Perpetual Page Turner blog. I always enjoy doing this. If you are interested you can find the questions here!
Number Of Books You Read: 125
Number of Re-Reads: 14!
Genre You Read The Most From: Paranormal!


1. Best Book You Read In 2015? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist) The Accident Season! This book rocked my world at the end of December and I can't stop talking about it. I think I'll be talking about it for a long time to come!

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman and The Game of Throne Graphic Novel Series.

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. - I thought this would be all romance but there were many more elements to the story.
 
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
 My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins. - I bought this for people for Christmas. Now they MUST read it.

5. Best series you started in 2015? Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
    Best Sequel of 2015? Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
    Best Series Ender of 2015? End of Days by Susan Ee.

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015? Andy Weir - His compelling writing style really made The Martian in my opinion.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? Rebel Yell by S.C. Gwynne -  Non-Fiction

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? The Martian by Andy Weir

9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015? In Search of Lost Dragons!!

11. Most memorable character of 2015? Edward and Alphonse Elric - These two characters were so much fun and all of their adventures were memorable.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015? The Accident Season

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015? 

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015? From The Martian by Andy Weir. There were so many quotable sections of this book.

“He’s stuck out there. He thinks he’s totally alone and that we all gave up on him. What kind of effect does that have on a man’s psychology?” He turned back to Venkat. “I wonder what he’s thinking right now.” 
LOG ENTRY: SOL 61 How come Aquaman can control whales? They’re mammals! Makes no sense.”


16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015? (How I did this: Went to my read books on Goodreads and sorted by page number and just looked for what I knew I read this year that was the shortest and longest.)
Longest: A Storm of Swords (pgs. 1177)
Shortest: The Witch of Duva (pgs 43) 

17. Book That Shocked You The Most (Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) (OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar) I have two I simply cannot narrow it down to just one. Adam Parrish and Ronan Lynch and the newest addition is Cara and Sam from The Accident Season.

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year All of the female friendships in A Madness so Discreet and the friendship between Grace and Thornhollow in that same book.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously. Beauty by Robin McKinley. While I had read a McKinley book before, I loved this one much more.

21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure: Legend by Marie Lu - I read this for a readalong and on many recommendations.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015? Jamie Fraser from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

23. Best 2015 debut you read? A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015? Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year? The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015? S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst - I don't know if I'll ever read a book like this again.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagitch
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015? Outlandish Lit While we don't always have the same tastes, I really enjoy the clean look of Julianne's blog and her wonderful posts.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015? S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog? My post about How I Find Audiobooks.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? I participate in a lot of Top Ten Tuesday which I enjoy so so much plus Bout of Books is always fun.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015? When I did #AllHallowsWeek I loved preparing for that and reading all the Halloweeny books.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year? Just keeping up with the blog is always challenging.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? Top Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? There were so many kind people on the blog this year I don't think I can ask for more attention or love for anything.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? I've rediscovered Barns and Noble this year which has been a lot of fun to visit. It is the closest physical bookstore to me and I've had a lot of fun browsing the shelves this year.

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year? I read 125 books which is 50 more than I set out to read at the beginning of the year. I also reduced my TBR pile (which is a goal again this year) and made more time to read!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016? Six of Crows? The Knife of Never Letting Go? The Book Thief? All of these and many more!

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)? THE RAVEN KING! Give it to me now!!

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?  Blackhearts by Nicole Casttroman - Pirates!

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016? The Raven King (again!) I mean seriously I cannot wait for this book even though it is going to rip my heart out.

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016? Keep a better schedule! I usually keep a schedule well one month and drop off the face of the earth the next. This year I want to do better keeping up.

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: None as of yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment