Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Ten Books I've Recently Added to My TBR


My To-Be-Read Shelf is constantly changing. I constantly add books to my TBR Shelf in my house and also my imaginary TBR shelf on Goodreads. This list for Top Ten Tuesday will be a mix of both. Some of these are the books I just recently purchased and others are ones I've recently heard about and want to pick up eventually. I'm excited for this topic and love when it comes around. Thank you to the Broke and the Bookish for throwing it again.

Recently Purchased

1) The Lost Sun by Tessa Gratton - After finishing The Curiosities, I really wanted to pick up a Tessa Gratton book. The last story she wrote in that anthology was similar to the description of this book. I'm anxious to get to this one and learn more about the Nordic Myths. 

2) The Mirk in the Midnight Hour by Jane Nickerson - Finally! Finally! I have this book at last. I've been pinning over this one for ages and trying to decide if I want to pick it up. It showed up on Book  Outlet and I could not resist any longer.

3)  All the Rage by Courtney Summers - I have heard nothing but good things about this story since it hit the shelves and am excited to read it. While I know it will be a tough book, I want to read because I think this subject is important.

4) Theiftaker by D.B. Jackson - This is a historical fiction book all about magic and revolutionary America! I'm so excited to read this series and it is part of my TBR for #RYBSAT which is starting today.

5) The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Vol. 1 by Diana Wynne Jones - A good friend of mine is demanding that I read this series because she loved it as a child. I also loved Howl's Moving Castle so I want to read more of Jones' work.



Recently Added:

6) A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara - I've heard so many amazing things about this book. I'd really like to pick it up, but I am afraid it will break me. Too many emotions!

7) The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein - Recently someone on my Goodreads feed read this book and raved about it! It is about a dog on the last day of his life who reflects back on everything that has happened to him. It sounds amazing.

8) Da Vinci's Tiger by L.M Elliot - This historical fiction sounds really interesting to me because Renaissance Italy is an amazing time. Plus the description promises court intrigue which is a favorite plot point of mine. I'd really like to pick this up someday.

9) Hounded by Kevin Hearne - I've heard this described as an adult Percy Jackson mixed with Celtic mythology which just sounds like a great time. I want it!

10) Bone Gap by Laura Ruby- At the end of 2015 I read an amazing magical realism story,The Accident Season. After finishing this book I decided I want to read more of this genre and this is one I've been recommended before.

No comments:

Post a Comment