Wednesday, January 6, 2016

T5W - Favorite Fandoms

Today the Top Five Wednesday post is all about my favorite thing. FANDOMS. Though they have their good and bad moments, fandoms are lovely and I adore the communities that spring up around popular media. These are just five of my favorite ones to be a part of.

1) Harry Potter- This was my first experience with fandom. This book series became a worldwide fandom and I still discover new things about the series through this fandom. I love all the art, music, videoes, headcanons, fanfiction and everything to do with this fandom. I don't know if any fandom will ever top this one because it was such an important part of my childhood.

2) The Raven Cycle - After finish The Raven Boys, I sought out this fandom very quickly. I wanted to freak out about how amazing this series was with others and the fandom did not disappoint. It has grown quite a bit since I first started following it on tumblr, but I still love it dearly.

3) Doctor Who - Personally, I'm a newbie to the Doctor Who fandom. I've only watched from the ninth doctor forward and I'm not caught up on the most recent season. I love this show though and fangirl over it so hard. I love the fandom's creativity and their long term affair with this show. It is awesome!

4) Sleepy Hollow - This show has taken over my life the past couple of seasons. I love the characters and all the villains the writers come up with. That being said, this fandom has struggled mightily to get our show renewed once (here's hoping for a season four) and banded together to make that happen. I love the edits and art people make about this show and hope it will continue for a long time.  (DO YOU HEAR ME FOX A LONG TIME!!!)

5)  Jane Austen - I've read a lot of Jane Austen and Jane Austen themed things over the past few years. I love Austen's original works and the novels others write based on her works. I love to learn about her life and the time period she wrote and lived in. It is all fascinating. I'm not nearly as involved in this fandom but I love love love Austen.

No comments:

Post a Comment